e enjte, 28 qershor 2007

VINOD -the golden man

Vinod Khanna to be back on silver screen
Friday, November 24, 2006

Vinod Khanna It is going to be a full circle for actor turned politician Vinod Khanna who will be again back on silver screen soon. The 61-year-old thespian says, he will make a balancing act between the cine world and politics after a temporary lull from the film industry.

"Because of my hectic political activities, I was away from the film industry for about five years. Now I will start acting in films. However I will not bid adieu to politics," he told PTI. Khanna, who has already acted in over 100 films, will resume his second innings with a "negative" role in "Risk" which will hit the theatres next month.

"Randip Hooda is the producer of this film. I am playing the role of a father, which is a negative character. I hope the movie will be appreciated among viewers," he remarks. The shooting of the film has already been completed. Besides Khanna, the star cast include Tansushree Dutt and Sheema Viswas.

Khanna has already started working for another film also. The name of that movie is yet to be finalised, he says. Khanna's transition from cine world to politics dates back to 1998 when he was elected as the Member of Parliament from Gurdaspur constituency. Since then he has won the seat for three consecutive terms.

"I was getting film assignments. But I did not have time to do those work. My last film was 'Diwana Pan' five years ago," he points out. Khanna is optimistic about his performance. "Yes at this age, I will play character roles. In the industry there are a few people like Amitabh and some others to do such roles. I hope I can will be able to satisfy the viewers," he says.

Khanna, who had held certain Government posts including Union Minister of State for Tourism and Culture and Chairman of Film and Television Institute of India, is presently pursuing classical music as well.

On his son Akshaye's marriage, Khanna says he does not want to interfere into the matter. "I have given him the freedom to chose the girl with whom he can lead a pleasant life. He is a sensible person and he will take a right decision," he says. "But I do not want to interfere in this matter. I do not have any problem regarding his selection of a partner for him," he says.

Nuk ka komente: