e hënë, 25 qershor 2007

aids

A colourful puppet show, narration of real life experiences of the fight against drug addiction and some soulful music were part of events in the Capital on Monday on the eve of the International Day Against Drug Abuse.

'Celebrating the spirit of recovery', as the event was called, invited recovering drug abusers from across the society to participate and share their experiences with the audience.

Organised by the ministry of social justice and empowerment and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the event was one of the many lined up to mark the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking June 26.

Tushar Sampad, one of the many recovering from drug abuse and now helping others recover as well, stood up to relate his experience.

"I have been very lucky that I had a strong support system in the form of my parents who were confident that I will overcome this challenge. It was difficult initially, and to top it all people look at you differently because of the social stigma attached.

"But today, nothing makes me more happy than reaching home and meeting the smiling faces of my parents. No one takes any decisions in my home without consulting me. That's the confidence they have in me," Sampad related soberly to the packed auditorium.

MONEY

Nuk ka komente: